FRIENDLY REMINDER NOTICE
The effects of the May 21st wind storm are still being felt around our lake. Many people are very busy and continue to work on clean up, repairs, re-building and resolving insurance claims. We are also dealing with increasing cases of COVID, again. It is for these reasons that our membership canvassers will not come out this summer making visits to speak with you and collect our $30 annual dues.
We encourage our owners to continue to be part of our Steenburg Lake community and appreciate payments being made electronically this year, if you can. We offer PayPal, e-transfer, cash or cheques.
Electronic payments can be made using our website link: https://memberpay.steenburglake.com. Alternatively, cheques payable to SLCA or cash can be provided. These can be picked up (with masking in place) or you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for my mailing address.
The SLCA has been around for over 65 years and your continued support allows us to:
- Provide you with an informative bi-annual newsletter covering current happenings in our community, great pictures, and local business sponsors,
- Provide water quality and invasive species testing to make sure our ‘pristine’ water is kept healthy,
- Provide proper water hazard markers in our lake,
- Be part of the Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Associations (FOCA),
- Provide webcams so that you can stay connected to the lake, year-round,
- Put in place the proper liability insurance, required by all non-profit volunteer organizations,
- Have funds available, when necessary, to provide advocacy services and assistance in support of our community with local townships and all levels of government,
- Manage our lake website at steenburglake.com to keep everyone up-to-date, and
- Have funds available to support member activities and events.
Thank you for your understanding, your support and enjoy the rest of your summer with family and friends.
Lorie Butkus-Hill, SLCA Membership Chair