A new summer season is just around the corner and I know we all look forward to enjoying our lake and community.
We encourage our owners to be part of our Steenburg Lake Community Association. We are unsure if our canvassers will be able to go door-to-door this year to talk with our owners and collect the annual membership fee of $30 (subject to the changing restrictions), so we appreciate the payments being made electronically. We offer PayPal, e-transfer or cheque.
Electronic payments can be made from our website, www.steenburglake.com. Select ‘member zone’, then ‘services’ and then ‘membership payment’. Alternatively, cheques payable to SLCA and I can pick them up or you can contact me directly for a mailing address.
Membership has its benefits!
The SLCA has been around for over 60 years and your continued membership allows us to:
- provide you with an informative bi-annual newsletter covering current happenings in and around the community,
- provide water quality and invasive species testing to make sure our ‘pristine’ water is kept healthy,
- provide hazard markers in the lake,
- be part of the Federation of Cottage Associations (FOCA),
- provide webcams so that you can stay connected to the lake,
- put in place proper liability insurance, required by all non-profit volunteer organizations,
- have funds on hand when necessary, to provide advocacy services and assistance in support of our community with local townships and all levels of government,
- manage our lake website at steenburglake.com to keep everyone up-to-date, and
- although we were unable to host many of our normal events last year (but hope to have some this year), these funds allow us to continue to provide member activities.
As always, we thank you for your continued support, keep smiling and we hope to see you out and about on the lake.
PS – If you are one of our new neighbours on the lake, let me know at email@example.com and I will be in contact with you to welcome you to our lake and update our owner database. We know that you will love our piece of paradise.