EXPECTATIONS FROM THE OPERATOR AS TO THE USE OF LAND’ESCAPES TRAIL
Off-road activity is an inherently risky activity that occurs in an unpredictable natural environment. Prior to entering onto the trail, every operator must be familiar with the expectations for access to the trail as follows:
- All operators and passengers willingly use the trails at their own risk;
- Operators and passengers know and will obey all applicable laws;
- Trails are not an engineered product, it is recognized and accepted that this is essentially an off-road activity taking place in the natural environment;
- The maximum speed on trails is 25 km/h unless reduced by law and/or subject to conditions including weather, operator competency and terrain;
- Weather conditions affect trails, operation and operator visibility and they may change without warning;
- Operators will stay to the right of the trail notwithstanding that there are no centre lines and operate their vehicle with care and control as there may be other users on the trail;
- Operators and passengers are aware that there are generally no legal requirements for signage on trails and, when provided, it is only for assistance and convenience;
- The privilege of trail access is provided without any expectation of maintenance.
- Users caught abusing the trail can have the privilege of access revoked at any time, at the sole discretion of Land’escapes, the property owner.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are authorizing the SLCA to share your personal information (including name, address, email & phone number, vehicle information, and membership status) with Land’escapes upon their request.